Protect Your Home When You Are Away with Our Monitoring Service
RELAX KNOWING THAT YOUR HOME IS SAFE WHILE YOU ARE VACATIONING
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the majority of residential break-ins occur during the primary vacation months of July and August. This statistic is of particular significance for residents living in areas such as Palm Desert, California and the Coachella Valley, where vacationing during the summer is highly commonplace. Fortunately, preventing burglaries while you are away requires minimal planning and can ease your mind tremendously, allowing you to fully relax and enjoy your much-deserved vacation.
KEY TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR HOME WHEN YOU ARE AWAY
- Keep Up Appearances: a house that is clearly uninhabited is at greater risk of becoming a target for a burglar. Paying someone to mow the yard while you are away is a good idea if you will be gone for a significant amount of time. Other options to help to fool criminals into thinking you are at home include parking a car in your driveway and buying timers for your lights.
- Make a Plan for Your Mail: the accumulation of piles of mail and newspapers is a clear indicator that you are away. While you have the option to temporarily stop mail and newspaper delivery while you are on vacation, failure to receive regular deliveries can also tip off burglars that you and your family are not home. Instead, we recommend reaching out to a relative or friend to pick up your daily mail and newspapers, thus preventing the accumulation of telltale piles of mail.
- Do Not Share Personal Details: although social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) may be a convenient way to keep in touch with family and friends, sharing your travel itinerary can leave you vulnerable to thieves and burglars. We recommend notifying only trusted individuals that you will be away, and refraining from posting your vacation plans or pictures on social media sites, voice mail messages, and/or answering machines.
- Protecting Your Home: while not foolproof, a burglar alarm is an important tool to help secure your home. Desert Alarm Inc. was founded by a Coachella Valley law enforcement officer with over 15 years of experience. We are committed to keeping our neighbors in the Palm Desert area safe when they are at home or away.
For our clients who plan to be away from home for an extended period of time, we offer a 24-Hour Alarm Response and Patrol Service, which includes the following protective measures:
- Our trained patrol units respond to your monitored alarm system signals 24-hours a day, 7 days a week—your home is never left vulnerable to attack or burglary when under our watch.
- If an actual break-in or burglary is in progress, armed response agents stay on-site and in contact with you (the homeowner) and law enforcement officials
- We guarantee a rapid response time—dispatch from our central station to our patrol units is carried out with the necessary sense of urgency and promptness.
- We dispatch response agents to your home prior to police dispatch, in an attempt to minimize false alarm fees from local law enforcement.
- All activity is reported directly to you, the customer—you are our number one priority and will be kept abreast of any developments or potential threats to your home.
- This service is offered at the rate of $20.00/month, with a one-year agreement.
WHY CHOOSE DESERT ALARM?
Desert Alarm, Inc. is a local home alarm company that has provided cutting edge security services for our neighbors here in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert) for over 24 years. Our services go far beyond simple home security measures—we want to keep you and your family safe from any and all threats, whether you are at home, on the road, or out of town. We have served over 17,000 local customers, and take pride in giving our clients the peace of mind that comes from knowing their family, home, and property are safe and secure.
 Leviticus, Jill. “Home Security and Safety While on Vacation,” USA Today, http://traveltips.usatoday.com/home-security-safety-vacation-14385.html