Protect Your Home from Flooding Damage
PROTECT YOUR HOME FROM FLOODING DAMAGE IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY
It is a little known fact that flooding is the most common natural disaster, and that in the past five years, all fifty states have experienced floods or flash floods. The majority of homeowners’ insurance policies do not cover flood damage, yet just a few inches of water can cause devastating destruction and have crippling financial ramifications. Flash floods often bring walls of water 10 to 20 feet high, and can develop at a frighteningly fast pace, giving homeowners and business owners little time to prepare or to protect their homes and possessions.
- Research to find out if your work place or home is in a high-risk flood area
- Familiarize yourself with flood warning terminology:
- Flash Flood Watch: flash flooding is a possibility—keep abreast of the latest radio or television reports and prepare to move to higher ground if necessary
- Flood Watch: flooding is a possibility—pay attention to television/radio updates for additional information
- Flash Flood Warning: flash flooding is imminent or is currently taking place—immediately seek higher ground
- Flood Warning: flooding will occur within a short period of time or is currently taking place—listen carefully for further instructions and if advised to evacuate, do so immediately
- Store an emergency supply kit where it can easily be accessed by all family members should a flooding crisis occur—create family evacuation protocols and a communication plan in the event that you are separated during the evacuation process.
- Identify a meeting spot or safe location on higher ground that you and your family can get to quickly and on foot (cars can easily be carried away by just two feet of water during a flood).
- Equip your home with a monitored flood sensor: flooding can cause tens of thousands of dollars of damage to property and valuables—a monitored flood sensor can give you early warning to prevent the unwelcome event of returning home to unnecessary loss and irrevocable damage to your property.
At Desert Alarm Inc., located in the Coachella Valley area of California, we have witnessed firsthand the devastation flooding can cause, which is why we offer cutting edge flood sensors that can be placed in areas of your business, home, or property to alert you when water damage is imminent. Our advanced flood sensors feature a water detector component and a wireless transmitter that can be attached to any surface you wish to protect from water damage. In addition to protecting your property, our flood sensors can help you save money on your homeowner’s insurance policy.
WHY CHOOSE DESERT ALARM?
Desert Alarm, Inc. is a local home alarm company that has provided cutting edge security services for our neighbors here in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert) for over 24 years. Our services go far beyond simple home security measures—we want to keep you and your business safe from any and all threats, whether you are at home, on the road, or out of town. We have served over 17,000 local customers, and take pride in giving our clients the peace of mind that comes from knowing their family, home, and property are safe and secure.
 Federal Emergency Management Agency, “+Share/Email This Page National Flood Insurance Program: Flood Hazard Mapping.”